Saturday, May 26, 2012

Playing Catch-Up

Recent adventures in the Bowman Bunch have been slim. Sean is as busy as ever with work. He has such a great work ethic and is such a blessing in my life. He works so hard and is always smiling and willing to help around in any way. I couldn't have asked for a better husband, man, and best friend. I am one lucky woman!!
I've been working and going to school. It's amazing how much life changes when your pregnant :)
We volunteered to help in the Developmental Center in Pleasant Grove and enjoyed it thoroughly! I was actually slightly apprehensive because I'd never done it before but it was one of the neatest experiences I've been able to do with Sean. On Sunday we helped with their church services and then on Wednesday we were able to dance with them! Both Sean and I have had quite a week and have been pretty stressed. We weren't going to go on Wednesday because we had so much to do, but when we received a text from someone in our ward saying they could really use our help, we rushed over to help. I am SO glad we did. After our little dance party with patients at the center, both Sean and I felt so good! We were happy and relaxed. Such a great experience!
On Saturday Sean was able to take half a day off from work (he really needed some time to breath!) so we decided we'd go do initiatories at the Temple. Yet again, another one of the Lord's blessings He's given us. Sean and I both felt so great going to the Temple since we hadn't been for so long.
I had a Dr. appt at 24 weeks. I got to have another ultrasound from my 20 week appt because little baby girl wouldn't get into a good position so we could check her heart. The scheduled us for another ultrasound so we could check her little beating heart. I love ultrasounds! To be able to see my baby move around and wiggle and kick is so rewarding. It just makes it that much more real for me! She was such a wiggle worm this time and we finally got to see the 4 chambers of her heart! She's healthy and busy busy busy! We also got a picture of her in 3D! They usually don't do 3D ultrasounds till week 26-30 but the ultrasound lady said baby girl was in such a good position she couldn't resist, but of course as soon as we started with the 3D doppler, baby girl kept moving. She's such a stubborn little thing :) I love it! Finally, we got a cute little face picture of her! She has cute little chubby cheeks and her hand is always up by her face.
After, I met with the midwife and she said baby girl looked great and very healthy and that my amniotic fluid looked great. (last time it was a little low). They measured my uterus and apparently this baby girl is growing right along!I should measure at 24 weeks but I'm measuring at 26 weeks! (I have to say I felt a little better about that considering how much weight I'd gained in the past 5 weeks) I asked if my date would change since she's measuring 2 weeks bigger, but the midwife said that it's very common to measure bigger than expected between weeks 22-28. That's when babies usually hit their biggest growth spurts. I cannot wait to meet her and hold her! Gah! only 16 weeks to go!! Time flies!

Here's a picture of me at 24 weeks pregnant with our busy baby girl.

4 comments:

  1. you're GLOWING! i absolutely love the belly picture. keep em' coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toni!!! My Mom said the same thing when she saw me lol. I feel so fat and bloated all the time but thanks for the encouraging words!!! I cannot WAIT to meet this little munchkin!

      Delete
  2. You're little belly is SO cute and you look amazing!!! Can't wait for that little girl to get here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thanks Jess!! It's even bigger now at 26 weeks!I can't wait for her to get here either! I keep thinking "c'mon let's speed this up!" but of course, I want her to develop as much as she needs to. Hope all is well with you!!! xoxo!

      Delete