Hello!
It's been quite the few weeks if I do say so myself. Merry belated Christmas and New Year! Christmas Break was sort of a joke for the Bowman Bunch. We decided to go to Mexico and visit my family this year for Christmas. My SUV unfortunately had other plans. There were a few things that needed to be fixed on the car before we made our long trek with a 3 month old down to good ol' Mexico. When we finally got our car squared away, we packed it up, gave Hannah an "early bath" to coax her into going to bed earlier since we decided to drive through the night, stopped off at Sean's parents to say adios and Merry Christmas and off we went. The weather was supposed to be quite cold and we were worried about icy roads so we decided to go through Beaver/Phoenix instead of Price Canyon to avoid cold icy roads. We left about 7:30. About 9:45 we stopped off in Beaver to go to the bathroom, top off with gas, get some food, and onward we went. No more than 5 minutes later our car started hissing and huffing and puffing. We got this really bad feeling and decided to drive slow with our hazard lights on to the nearest hotel. When we got there (no more than 5 minutes later) Sean popped the hood and our car was on fire! There were flames a huge chunk of our car missing. Sean got it under control and said to sit tight. He went to get us a hotel room and said to hurry about jump out of the car if the car started hissing or smoking again. We finally got into a hotel room (all the while Hannah was sound asleep since 6:45pm. It was now almost midnight and Hannah was wide awake once we got into the hotel room. She was hysterical and cried most of the night. Needless to say we were all exhausted once Mom and Dad Bowman came and got us the next morning.
We finally got home about 1pm the next day and Sean and Papa Bowman spent the day fixing the car, getting it to the auto shop etc. I was on the phone with Mom and Dad Call trying to figure out how were were going to get to Mexico and if it was even possible. We finally decided to fly into Phoenix, have Evan(my bro) pick us up, and follow him down in his other car to Mexico. We finally made it to Mexico Saturday night! It was great to see everyone! Sunday was fun. We went to church with my family, had a great dinner, hung out with family and just enjoyed the time. Sunday night was a joy. I woke up around 3, asking Sean to watch Hannah cause I thought I needed to throw up and low and behold I did. I apparently had food poisoning or stomach flu. I was throwing up all Christmas Eve but luckily I had half of a nausea pill (what I had to take when I was pregnant) in my purse. I took that and that helped a TON! Needless to say Poor Sean had to take care of not only Hannah but me as well. He's pretty dang amazing. I don't know what I would have done without him. Heavenly father has blessed me with such an amazing man. I don't know what I did to deserve Sean but I thank Heavenly Father every day for him!
Christmas was great! Chase and Jessica made it down Christmas Eve and left the day after Christmas. On Christmas day we had a wonderful Turkey dinner with family.
The next day we finally got to eat all the yummy food Mexico has to offer. We went up and saw the Temple down there and relaxed. Thursday we headed back to Utah. We drove to Phoenix, then caught a plan to Salt Lake that night. Poor Hannah DID NOT like the flight. she wouldn't eat, sleep, or calm down. She was screaming the whole time. I felt so bad for her and didn't know what to do to help her. The poor people on the plane were probably so annoyed but honestly, I didn't care. My poor Hannah was more important. Mom and Papa Bowman picked us up at the airport at midnight and finally we made it home. Hannah finally fell asleep and slept and slept! Poor little lady was sooooo tired.
I don't know if this was a Christmas to remember or to forget haha! All I know is that I don't think we'll be traveling anywhere soon with our little one. It's too stressful! So for you moms who can travel well with kids, I salute you cause I sure can't!
What a crazy adventure!!!
ReplyDelete