Hannah and I have been having some rough nights. Lately she's been getting up every 1 1/2 to hours crying or just plain ol' wanting to socialize. I don't have the heart (or the will power) to let her cry it out. I've heard/read/seen a lot of people do different strategies on how to get your baby to sleep. I guess I'm to attached to my little lady or something because I just don't like hearing her cry at night and let alone cry it out all by herself. I'm not dissing anyone who chooses to train your child this way, I'm simply choosing not to. Hannah's my first, I want to be able to enjoy every minute I can with her until the next little one comes along... even if it is every 1 1/2 to 2 hours at night. (As I write this it looks really good to me but when the time comes I'm not this positive haha.)
I was reading LDS Living magazine the other day and there was a quote in there that really stuck with me... "Don't dread your baby being up in the middle of the night. Use that time as a way to bond with him or her and it will be like no other time during the day." There have been a handful of times since Hannah's been born that Sean has woken up to check up on us in the middle of the night or early hours of the morning only to find me crying and at my wits end because I am so tired from being up with Hannah at night. When I read this quote it tugged at my heartstrings and felt like I needed to change my attitude. I really should enjoy these moments with her instead of getting upset because she's awake. I know it's hard but I am trying to be more positive with her in the wee hours of the morning and guess what... it works! I may have bags under my eyes, greasy hair, spit up, poop, pee or who knows what on my clothes but when I see my little lady look up at me with those big browns eyes an her toothy smile as if to say that she's the happiest baby in the world it makes it all worth it.
For the mean time, here's what Sean sent me when we had our rough night ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment