One of my most favorite things about being a Mom is when my little lady falls asleep on my lap watching her favorite show, Curious George. She loves monkeys and every time we see one she immediately spots it and has to have it. Needless to say we sometimes try to distract her unless she's with her daddy and he gives in :) She has him wrapped around her little finger and it's adorable :)
Anyway that's not the point. I absolutely love it when she falls asleep on my lap. I feel her body go limp and a slight snore sets in. I slowly move her so that she's laying in my arms and then I silently watch her for a few minutes before I put her in her crib. I am always in awh looking at her. Her flawless face, chubby cheeks, pink lips, her button nose, her perfectly shaped ears, and her serene look on her face as she's dreaming of going on adventures with Curious George. I wonder how in the world I got so lucky to have such a fun, spunky, demanding, full of life little girl who completely depends on me. I just love those moments. It makes every sleepless night, every whack in the face with a toy, every scratch on my neck, every poopy diaper, and every demand for a new monkey worth it :)

No comments:
Post a Comment