When we got into the Bishop's office he asked how we were doing and such. It was great catching up with him and getting to know him just a little better, even though he and his family live right next to us :)
When he got down to business, he was very calm and quiet. He looked straight at me and said "Sister Bowman, we'd like to extend a new calling to you" both Sean and I were a little shocked but of course he caught our attention. Then he asked if I would accept the calling of being the new Yong Women's President. My jaw dropped! I was shocked! I even think I said "are you serious?!" I started crying! I've wanted to work with the Young Women since Sean and I got married! I of course accepted and Sean of course backed me up. It was such a neat experience for both Sean and I definitely a bit shock of course.
I told Bishop I'd love to work with the Young Women and asked about what to do when our baby comes. He said it'd all work out and I truly believe and know that it will.
So now, here we are 2 weeks to my delivery date and finally got sustained as the Young Women's President in our ward! I am very very excited but very very nervous. Another blessing in our lives! I know it'll take some getting used to and it'll be hard at first being a new mommy, being a wife, and new Young Women's President but it'll work out. Bishop gave me a great blessing when he set me apart for this calling. I have faith that it'll all work out and the Lord will help. I have GREAT counselors that I get to work with and can't wait! We have such a great bunch of Young Women in our ward that I know it'll be a great opportunity, experience, growth, and blessing. These Young Women are so much more prepared for life than I was at their age!! I only pray that I can be all that they need me to be.
That's all for now!

Congratulations!! I was YW president the entire time I was pregnant, up until we moved to texas. Being sick was the challenging part. It was the most challenging, time consuming, fun, and rewarding calling i've ever had!! I'm sure I learned more from them than they ever learned for me. The are amazing! I'm so excited for you! I'm sure they're completely thrilled to have you! That baby girl is about to have a whole bunch of little mothers to dote on and take care of her! :)
ReplyDeleteYou will do so well and you will LOVE being in Young Women's. It is easily my favorite calling ever. Congrats on the babe!!!!
ReplyDelete